Teaching Artists – Contractor
We are currently looking for:
Non equity, male/female of color
Mirror Image Arts seeks dynamic professional theatre artists to join a vibrant roster of collaborative teaching artists.
Mirror Image Arts’ Teaching Artists are placed in programs across the Denver Metro Area to use theatre as a tool to spark dialogue around factors affecting social emotional well-being with youth people. Artists with professional experience in acting, improvisation, Theatre of the Oppressed, creative drama or devising; and who have an interest in working with young people ages 8-21 are strongly encouraged to apply. We are actively seeking artists who share identities and lived experiences with the youth our program serves.
- Professional skills, training and experience in one or more theatrical disciplines and ability to portray young people with authenticity.
- Experience or interest in teaching diverse populations.
- Passion or interest in working with young people (ages 8-21).
- Available for assignments in the 2019-2020 programming (September-August).
- A commitment to mandatory training sessions (see dates below).
- Flexibility to work a 2 hour block between the hours of 7:30 am – 6:00 pm Monday-Friday, 8-12 days per school semester.
- Interest in working with an organization with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to answer email in a timely manner and manage personal calendar.
To apply for a contract teaching artist position, please fill out our online application.
Applicants should note that the scheduling of work is flexible, and is based on program need. Contractor is responsible for providing or accessing reliable transportation to programs.
Applications for 2019–20 programming should be submitted by Wednesday, July 10th. Applicants chosen for consideration will be asked to audition by participating in a Summer program followed by a short interview.
Applicants must be available for all of the following dates: Onboarding meeting/rehearsal: August 22nd @ 9:00am-12:00pm, August 26th @ 9:00am-1:00pm
Fall Teaching Artist Rehearsal: September 14th & 15th, October 26th & 27th @ 10:00am-1:30pm
Winter Teaching Artists Rehearsal: January 18th & 19th, February 15th & 16th @ 10:00am-1:30pm,
Summer Teaching Artist Rehearsal: TBD
Mirror Image Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Contract position.
Email: Maya Osterman, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions